Parcels for this park were acquired in 1901, 1941, 1946 and 1980. This is a wooded park located near the downtown area, formerly referred to as McKinley Park, and renamed in 1966 to honor Emerson McAdams, a former city policeman who served 27 years as director of McKinley Park.
Facilities at the park were enhanced in 1968 in conjunction with construction of the canal route. Land and Water Conservation Funds, provided by the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks and the National Park Service, have been used to develop this park.
The City’s first artificial turf baseball diamond was constructed in 2016, and a new restroom/concession stand constructed in 2017.
Technology For All will be designing and implementing a new computer lab. This computer lab will include the following:
- 20-30 computers (PC desktops)
- Computer Software (for doing homework, research, games and much more)
- Network Printers (1-2 network printers that users can use to print off their papers, research documents and much more)
- Onsite Server Room (this will be used to provide data storage, implementation of desktop security)
- Computer Desks
- Computer Chairs
- Security Camera System
McAdams Park Tech Lab
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay up to date with everything Technology For All. Sign up for our newsletter today!